The first and only ebook for tropical nature photography by acclaimed pro photographers Gregory Basco and Glenn Bartley.
Tropical rain forests are amazing places, containing a staggering amount of the world's biodiversity. Photographing in the tropics presents its own set of unique challenges, and its own unique rewards. In this incredibly informative and inspiring ebook, professional photographers Greg Basco and Glenn Bartley share their techniques for making stunning images of tropical rain forest species.
The Guide to Tropical Nature Photography includes:
- 377-page PDF ebook.
- Clear graphics, illustrative and inspiring images, and clear and concise writing to make complex concepts simple.
- Plenty of photo tips unique to the tropical rain forest environment.
- Gear suggestions to help you get the best tropical wildlife photos possible.
- Detailed instruction for using fill flash creatively.
- Processing tips to help you get the most our of your tropical nature photos.
- Tips to making effective photos of tropical scenery.
- Understanding tropical habitats and animal behavior.
- Macro photography techniques that will help you capture the small species of the rain forest.
Select praise for The Guide to Tropical Nature Photography:
“If you plan on a trip in the tropics, and even the subtropical environments such as those found in south Florida, this book is indispensable” — EJ Peiker, pro photographer
“I quickly scanned the book and quickly decided that I must have a copy. And so must you, if you have an interest in photographing in the tropics, understanding electronic flash, or needing a great refresher on many different aspects of nature photography.” — Joe McDonald, pro photographer
“I think The Guide to Tropical Nature Photography quickly will become the Bible on the subject. Like the commercial says, if you are planning a photo trip to the tropics, don’t leave home without it!” — Brian Small, pro photographer
About the Authors:
Gregory Basco is a resident Costa Rican professional photographer and environmentalist. He is a BBC/Veolia Wildlife Photographer of the Year and Nature's Best Windland Smith Rice multiple prizewinner, and his photos have been published in numerous magazines, books, calendars, and exhibits. His photos, blog, and e-books are appreciated by nature photographers around the globe.
Glenn Bartley is a world renowned professional nature photographer from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. He focuses almost all of his efforts on capturing intimate images of birds in their natural habitat. Glenn is especially well known for his portraits of rare and difficult to photograph birds from the Neotropical Region and his portfolio of hummingbird images.