Black & White Photography: A Complete Guide for Nature Photographers
Professional photographer Sarah Marino shows you how to create expressive black and white nature photographs, both in the field and in the digital darkroom.
This video and eBook course is designed to help you create compelling, personally expressive black and white photographs. And it's highly practical, teaching you tools that can be immediately integrated into your field practices and processing workflow. Features include:
- Lessons in understanding the essentials of black and white photography.
- Guidance on creativity, personal expression, and storytelling using black and white photos.
- Practical tips on learning to see in black and white, both in the field and in the digital darkroom.
- Photoshop and Lightroom workflow, plus the tools that you can use to realize your creative vision.
- Many start-to-finish examples.
You get access to the following resources in this course:
- 150+page PDF ebook including more than 80 photographs and many illustrations.
- Over 4 hours of videos, including essential concepts, workflow recommendations, an overview of key processing tools (Lightroom, Photoshop, and Silver Efex Pro), and three full start-to-finish examples.
- Practice files that you can use to follow the lessons in the videos and the ebook.
- Many tutorials and exercises to help you immediately implement these ideas into your field practices and workflow.
"I have to say I’m incredibly pleased with the quality of this series. Most tutorials don’t lay the ground work for the full walk-through edit. Your [tutorials are] laid out so precisely and are so well thought out and organized. I can’t wait to up my B&W game!!! Thank you Sarah, truly impressive video series." - Jesse
"I’ve just finished Sarah’s complete black and white course. I absolutely recommend it to anyone looking to develop their skills in black and white photography, from fieldcraft to editing in Lightroom and Photoshop. Really worth getting the package including the ebook. Now I need to get practicing!" - John
“This is an excellent course with many concepts and examples well organized and presented for others to learn the making of compelling black and white images and improve their own photography. I’ve already picked up a number of ideas from what I’ve gone through so far that will help me enhance my photographs beyond what I am doing now and know there will be much more as I continue to work through the course. Thank you!” —Martin
Sarah Marino is a full-time photographer, photography educator, and writer based in rural southwestern Colorado. She enjoys photographing natural landscapes of all kinds, from forests and mountains to oceans and deserts, from small scenes to grand landscapes, and from bold dramatic light to soft diffused light. Sarah has authored several highly regarded photography eBooks and video tutorials for nature photographers.